Frequently asked questions
Do you have any restrictions on dog breeds?
Yes, we do not accept the following breeds (unless official service animal documentation is provided):
- Pit Bulls
- any other breed typically considered aggressive or is over the weight limit
How many animals are allowed?
Is there a weight limit?
Yes, the maximum allowable weight of all animals is 65lb at full maturity.
Are there any other deposits or fees for animals?
Yes, the additional deposit/fees are listed below (except on Service Animals or Emotional Support Animals – Official documentation required):
1. To be paid in addition to your rent each month -
- $25 per Animal over 30lbs
- $15 per Animal under 29lbs
2. We also have a Non-Refundable Fee due at signing -
- $350 for 1st Animal
- $150 for 2nd Animal
Are there any other requirements needed for animals?
- We must have a photo of your animal/s
- A signed Animal Addendum
- All up to date and current shot records for each animal.
If the animal is a Service Animal or Emotional Support Animal, Official Documentation is required.
What is the required security deposit for your homes?
The security deposit is the same as one month’s rent.
What is needed to remove a property from the Market?
Once your application has been approved, you must sign a lease and pay a hold fee equal to ½ the normal required deposit before we can take the home off the market and hold it until your move in date.
How long can you hold a home once it is removed from the market?
A home can be held for up to 30 days.
I am an active duty service member. What happens if I have to PCS?
West Chatham Management, Inc. will honor the Civil Service Members Relief Act, Title III, Section 305 with certified military orders. Tenant shall be required to provide a written 30 day notice to vacate. Tenant is aware that WCM, Inc. will verify the validity of all orders provided for the purpose to terminating a lease.
What are some of the criteria for leasing a home?
- Gross monthly income must be at least three times the monthly market rate rent
- Review of public court records in all counties you have resided for evictions and open bankruptcy cases
- Applicants with a landlord debt will not be accepted
- Applicants with more than 2 dispossessories filed in past 2 years will not be accepted
- Applicants with an open bankruptcy will not be approved
- Review of credit report
- Must be above 600 (effective 2/1/2021)
- Late payments / payment history of all accounts on credit report
- Review of criminal record
- Review / Verification of rental history
What is acceptable “proof of income” for a rental house?
- 4 most recent, consecutive check stubs
- LES for military applicants
- Tax returns (required for ALL independent contractors)
- SSA award letter
- Child Support court order
- Job offer letter if transferring to a new job
Who has to submit an application to lease a home?
- All individuals over the age of 18 that will reside at the property more than 7 days a month are required to fill out an application.
Is there a way to complete my application online?
Yes, we offer online rental applications! Simply go to the Available Homes pages (
WCM Properties or
AEA Properties) and select the home you wish to apply for. Click the "Apply Now" button and you'll be taken to the online application!
How much is the application fee?
- Application fees are $50 application fee + $5 service fee per household and this is a nonrefundable payment.
- You may also contact our office at (912) 748-2120 to check on any current specials that may offer lowered application fees.
What lease options do you offer and are there additional fees?
We offer the following lease terms:
- 6 – 11 month leases w/ an additional $150/month short term lease fee
- 14 month leases with no additional fees
- Once your initial lease term is over, you may choose to go MTM
Do you accept Section 8 vouchers?
Unfortunately, West Chatham Management does not accept Section 8 vouchers on any of the home we manage.
When is Rent Due?
Rent is always due on the 1st, no matter what day of the month you moved in.
What is your late fee policy?
A 10% late fee will be charged to all accounts if the rent is not received in our office by 8am on the morning of the 6th. A dispossessory will be filed with the Chatham County magistrate court on ALL accounts not paid by the 15th of each month, no exceptions. This new filing date, changed from the 3rd Monday, for all past due accounts is effective March 1, 2019.
Those who move out with past due balances due to non-payment of rent, fees, early termination, or damages will be turned over to a collection agency if not paid in full 60 days after move out, unless a payment plan has been signed and approved by West Chatham Management.
What forms of rent payments do you accept?
- All payments are encouraged to be paid through the online resident portal
- Checks and money orders are accepted in the office.
- Residents will be locked out of their portal on the 10th of each month and will be required to pay with certified funds in the office.
Does WCM allow smoking inside of the homes?
No, smoking is prohibited inside all our the homes
What utilities are the residents responsible for paying?
- Water, trash, & sewage through the City of Port Wentworth
- Electricity through Georgia Power
- Phone & Cable are optional
How do I submit a work order for my home?
All work orders can be submitted online through the resident portal
How can I have an automatic garage door opener installed in my home?
- Some homes have automatic garage door openers; however most are manual
- Automatic openers w/2 remotes can be installed for $275
- Must be paid in advanced to WVM
- Installed by contractor within 2-3 business days
- Equipment becomes a permanent fixture of home and must remain when home is vacated
Am I responsible for maintaining my lawn?
No, WCM provides lawn maintenance as one of the great services included in our Care Package! Click HERE to find out what else is included! Our contractor handles cutting the lawns, pruning the shrubbery, edging, weed eating, etc. as well as the irrigation scheduling.
Our goal is to provide you with a well-manicured lawn without any of the hassles! All homes are equipped with a sprinkler system to ensure the lawns remain lush and green. Residents are not allowed to tamper with or unplug the sprinkler system and will be charged a fee of $75 per occurrence. Residents may experience higher water bills during the spring and summer months.
Do I have access to my neighborhood clubhouse and amenities?
Community amenities are available to WCM residents by paying the HOA fees directly to the HOA Manager.
- Rice Creek: RiceCreek@LanierAssociationManagement.com
- Lakeshore: Lakeshore@LanierAssociationManagement.com