- Tenant Expectations
- Pet Exhibit
- Rental Payment Guidelines
- Early Termination Exhibit
- Move In / Move Out Form
Yes, we do not accept the following breeds (unless official service animal documentation is provided):
- Pit Bulls
- German Shepherds
- any other breed typically considered aggressive or is over the weight limit
Yes, 50 lb maximum on all dogs (unless official service animal documentation is provided).
Yes, the additional deposit/fees are listed below (except on service animals or assistance/comfort/emotional support animals – official documentation required):
- $150 additional deposit for each pet
- $200 non-refundable pet fee
Yes, we must have a photo of your pet, a signed pet addendum, and the current rabies shot record for your dog. If the animal is a service animal or assistance/comfort/emotional support animal, official documentation is required.
The security deposit is the same as one month’s rent.
Once your application has been approved, you must sign a lease and pay a hold fee equal to ½ the normal required deposit before we can take the home off the market and hold it until your move in date.
A home can be held for up to 30 days.
West Chatham Management, Inc. will honor the Civil Service Members Relief Act, Title III, Section 305 with certified military orders. Tenant shall be required to provide a written 30 day notice to vacate. Tenant is aware that WCM, Inc. will verify the validity of all orders provided for the purpose to terminating a lease.
- Gross monthly income must be at least three times the monthly market rate rent
- Review of public court records in all counties you have resided for evictions and open bankruptcy cases
- Applicants with a landlord debt will not be accepted
- Applicants with more than 2 dispossessories filed in past 2 years will not be accepted
- Applicants with an open bankruptcy will not be approved
- Review of credit report
- Must be above 575 (effective 1/1/16)
- Late payments / payment history of all accounts on credit report
- Review of criminal record
- Review / Verification of rental history
- 4 most recent, consecutive check stubs
- LES for military applicants
- Tax returns (required for ALL independent contractors)
- SSA award letter
- Child Support court order
- Job offer letter if transferring to a new job
- All individuals over the age of 18 that will reside at the property more than 7 days a month are required to fill out an application.
- Yes, we offer online rental applications, you may find the APPLY ONLINE button under the description of each property and at the top of the home page.
- Application fees are $45 for the first applicant and $25 for each applicant 18 or over.
- You may also contact our office at (912) 748-2120 to check on any current specials that may offer lowered application fees.
We offer the following lease terms:
- 6 – 11 month leases w/ an additional $150/month short term lease fee
- 14 month leases with no additional fees
- Once your initial lease term is over, you may choose to go MTM
Unfortunately, West Chatham Management does not accept Section 8 vouchers on any of the home we manage.
Rent is always due on the 1st, no matter what day of the month you moved in.
A 10% late fee will be charged to all accounts if the rent is not received in our office by 8am on the morning of the 6th. A dispossessory will be filed with the Chatham County magistrate court on ALL accounts not paid by the 15th of each month, no exceptions. This new filing date, changed from the 3rd Monday, for all past due accounts is effective March 1, 2019.
Those who move out with past due balances due to non-payment of rent, fees, early termination, or damages will be turned over to a collection agency if not paid in full 60 days after move out, unless a payment plan has been signed and approved by West Chatham Management.
- All payments are encouraged to be paid through the online resident portal
- Checks and money orders are accepted in the office.
- Residents will be locked out of their portal on the 10th of each month and will be required to pay with certified funds in the office.
No, smoking is prohibited inside all our the homes
- Water, trash, & sewage through the City of Port Wentworth
- Electricity through Georgia Power
- Phone & Cable are optional
All work orders can be submitted online through the resident portal
Some homes have automatic garage door openers; however most are manual
- Automatic openers w/2 remotes can be installed for $275
- Must be paid in advanced to WVM
- Installed by contractor within 2-3 business days
- Equipment becomes a permanent fixture of home and must remain when home is vacated
No, WCM provides lawn maintenance free of charge. Our contractor handles cutting the lawns, pruning the shrubbery, edging, weed eating, etc. as well as the irrigation scheduling. Our goal is to provide you with a well-manicured lawn without any of the hassles! All homes are equipped with a sprinkler system to ensure the lawns remain lush and green. Residents are not allowed to tamper with or unplug the sprinkler system and will be charged a fee of $75 per occurrence. Residents may experience higher water bills during the spring and summer months.