DIY Maintenance Tips
DIY Maintenance Tips
What if I have a clogged toilet?
- You should attempt to unclog your toilet with a plunger before calling maintenance. All residents with a basic toilet clog will be charged a standard $75 fee.
- If your home is backed up (all toilets are overflowing and unusable), please call the emergency maintenance line at (912)748-2127.
- If the resident is found to be at fault due to toys, sanitary napkins, grease, etc. in the line, the resident will be charged for the full price of the repairs.
My outlets quit working – what do I do?
- GFCI outlets are used in the wet areas of the home like the kitchen, bathrooms and the exterior of the home. Sometimes these will trip if water is introduced to the outlet.
- Each single family home will have a weather-proof outlet on the exterior of both the front and back patio. These are in a series and are also connected to an outlet in the garage.
How often does my AC filter need to be changed?
- WCM will change your filter for you on a quarterly basis as preventative maintenance.
- You should replace your filter every 30 days in an effort to conserve electricity.
- The correct filter size will be written on the side of the filter – be sure to check this to ensure proper fit before purchasing a new filter.
- Townhomes and all 2- story single family homes will have 2 filters (one downstairs and one upstairs). All floor plans that are single story will only have one filter.
- To prevent damage to the AC unit and to maximize air flow, do not block the return air vents located on the side of the walls of the interior of the home.
- In an effort to equalize air flow, all 2 story homes should damper the air flow by closing some of the upstairs vents during the winter to push heat downstairs as heat rises. During the summer you will do the opposite…close off some of the down stairs vents to push cold air upstairs.
How often does pest control come to my home?
- Pest Control will be performed in your home on a quarterly basis. The Pest Control Technician will enter your home with the Maintenance Supervisor at the same time filters are changed.
- If you have an issue with bugs at any time between the quarterly visits, you will contact our contractor, Prestige Pest Control directly to treat your home. You will schedule Jeff directly and will be responsible for payment directly to Prestige Pest Control at the time of treatment.
- WCM is not responsible for the treatment of fleas during your residency with us – this is your responsibility.
- It has been proven that Cinnamon Extract is effective to keep spiders, ants, snakes, and blow files away from your home. It can be found on Amazon by clicking here.
- The contracted landscaper will treat your lawns for bugs, ants, etc. twice per year. However, when random ant hills pop up, this is the responsibility of the resident.
What do I do if my garbage disposal won’t work or it is making this crazy loud noise?
- There will be a standard $100 fee for all clogged garbage disposal calls.
- You may want to attempt to clear the clog and reset the disposal before submitting a work request.